Pages

Spreading Friendship

Thursday 12 February 2015

So the day is near, tomorrow I leave for Tamil Nadu India. It is safe to say I am anxious but at the same time I feel as free as a little swallow. As Noel Streatfeild  liked describe the feeling, I am dog maddish and cotton woolish inside. Oh how I used to adore reading her book 'Ballet Shoes'. Anyway, the hours are ticking away until I depart and before I do I thought I would share a few ways I have prepared for my trip to keep my worries at bay.

Happy List I wrote a list of things to be grateful for and that make me happy when I am upset or anxious to take with me on my trip.

Music List A playlist of songs on my little mp3 which will give m energy, smiles and instant sparkles in my heart.

Letters to Loved ones I have been busy writing some poems and letter to my closest of friends to keep while I am away, for I don't know how much communication I will have back home. For others who I haven't been able to see I have tried my best to writing a text message with a short heart felt message in. I worry that I will be away from friends and family when they might need a day brightening so I hope that when they are sad they can read this and it will hopefully bring a smile.

Happiness Jars As I showed in my previous blog entry I made happiness jars and filled them with yummy treats and messages. The idea is that you give it to a friend and they can write down when something good happens, a merry moment and when they are under the weather they can read them and (fingers crossed) feel better.

Leaving'Fundraising Meal On Sunday I held a fundraising meal at the local Indian Restaurant (Ally's Balti) and invited everyone who i wanted to say goodbye to before I left. The Restaurant kindly gave 15% of the final bill to Worldwide Cancer Research and donated a voucher for a meal for two as a raffle prize. Over all we raised £152 and I am so grateful for everyone who came, it was so lovely to say goodbye to friends and family. Off course unfortunately not everyone could but I was over whelmed by how many did wish to attend. Some even gave me pressies!!!

Keep Sake Box My friend Lucy and her family actually gave me this as a leaving gift. The box has photos of us on the lid and when I received it I couldn't help but cry. Inside I have put some items and notes which I know will cheer me up if I get anxious and some photos of my loved ones.

Contact List I am hoping to be able to keep a journal whilst I am away and maybe send some letters home.So I have made a list of addresses and phone number of everyone I may want to contact when I am away in India.

Friendship Bracelets I decided to start a friendship chain between the UK and Tamil Nadu, I don't know how successful it will be but we can only try. So I am making beautiful friendship bracelets and will give them to a child in India as a gift from someone in the UK. I have now had over 100 people ask for a bracelet to be given in their name. I will try and maybe get them to write back in return or record a thank you message. We all need a reason to smile sometimes and these children are living in some of the poorest conditions in the world. Over 1.4 billion people are living in absolute poverty globally. The least we can do is be their friend. If you would like a bracelet just comment and let me know what colours.

Stay Beautiful,

Zsofia xxxx




2 comments :

  1. For me music is always a great way to relax and stay calm. Hope you'll have a great time.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true I always find that it takes me to anther little world xxx

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs