Pages

The Art of Loneliness

Sunday 2 August 2015

We all have moments of loneliness, times when we feel as though nobody can possibly understand. There is no one there who one can rely on. No one around to emphasise with us in times when we can't truly understand ourselves. It's easy to say one feels alone, but in the true light of things are we ever actually completely alone?

People surround us in everyday life. The world is heavily populated after all you know. People are forever talking, the sounds of the rushing world past by. When are we free to be on our own, actually alone in body and soul. While we sleep? I suppose though my parents are only in the opposite room. When we are asleep we are peaceful and tranquil, when we awaken do even remember the feeling? The dreams we dreamt drift away as our eyelids awaken to a new day. With it the sense of alone has passed and it is as if we were never truly alone at all

Still we can all feel lonely. I can be in a sea of chatter and inside it is as though nobody notices I am even there. Crowds don't nessesarily mean you are with people, or noticed. I would say that in the most part the times I feel most lonesome are when surrounded by people. With people I can hide myself and be alone. But I am never actually on my own. Lonely in soul but submerged in a  crowded world.

I do however believe that many people are truly alone. In the sense of family and friendships. It breaks my heart to say this but there are people who have nobody. No one to talk to, share the day with, nobody to love them. Nobody in their hearts. That must be what true loneliness is, having nobody in your heart, friends, family. Without some form of love, you are empty and alone.

I may feel lonely somedays but my heart is always full of love from my parents, family and friends. Even when my body is on it's own, my heart is never left without love. I am so grateful for this and truly aware that many in this world don't have people to care for them. And I wish I could change this, I wish I could tell all the people in the world that I love them. 

May I use this time to say, that all I want, more than anything is for everybody to feel loved and cared for. Whoever I meet in my life, tomorrow or in many years to come, I hope they know how much I care. I love those I meet years ago and I love those whom I am yet to meet. We all need to be cared for, we all need love.

In a few days I fly to Uganda to work with the charity Teams4U. This is my fourth time in the town of Kumi. In this area there are so many with nothing in the way of materialistic objects or money  but some have a loving community, a real sense of togetherness. Then again far too many have no one, no family. While I am there I hope that they all know they have a place in my heart, maybe I can find a place in theirs. 

I will be thinking of them forever, and I will be thinking of you too. I pray that you never have to feel true loneliness, for remember, you will be in my heart always.

Stay Beautiful,

         Zsofia xxxx

Even this little cute chick needs to know it is loved!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs