Pages

Tamil Nadu is calling....

Tuesday 27 January 2015

So I am off to India in February for 3 months. It all feels very overwhelming and sudden but I feel it's what I am suppose to be doing and though my mind may be cotton woolish, my heart is full of excitement about this adventure. I am so fortunate to be able to take part in this ICS program and have to have the chance to learn all about International Development from the charity Restless Development.  While I am away I will be volunteering with a group of fellow 18-25 year olds and together along side national volunteers we will be able see the positive impact the charity has on lives of young people. We will also have the chance to implement our own ideas in the communities we are based, around the areas of Livelihood and Employment, Civic Participation and Sexual and Reproductive Health and rights. Restless Development aim to inspire young people in the UK and overseas to become active citizens, who are passionate about long term, sustainable community development.

Young people are most affected by the most persistent problems in the world, yet are frequently overlooked as part of the solution. Restless Development's mission is to place young people at the forefront of change and development. Their strength comes from being led by young people and young professionals, from the boardroom right through to the field. They have been working hard since 1985 and over the past 29 years, programmes reaching over 7 million people directly and indirectly.

Just thinking about all the amazing work the charity does makes my fingers jingle with anticipation for what I will be apart of. While away I will be staying near or with (no clue yet) a host family who will cook and take care of us. Electricity, running water and flushing toilets may not be apart of my time while I am away so communication will be limited. However would like to share my experience with as many people as I can so I will be writing a journal each day and when I can I will upload extracts and photos for everybody to see. Maybe my time India can encourage more young people to take apart of the ICS program and become an Active Citizen.

Together we can change lives and create communities with a sustainable future and ever lasting smiles!

Before I leave I am having a thank you meal, so I can let everyone know how thankful I am for having them as apart of my life over the past few year. I know friendships come and go even when you think they will be for always but there are some slow consistent friendships that just grow stronger each day. So if you are coming to my meal, never forget how grateful I am for meeting you and may you stay safe and joyful over the next few months. And to all who aren't coming; there have been so many who have touched my heart, each day I learn new things, meet new people. Each encounter adds a new  painted detail to my soul and without that I wouldn't be me! I wait in wonder to see who tomorrows friend will be, but for now sweet friends take care and sweet dreams!

Stay Beautiful,

     Zsofia xxxx                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              





We use 3 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs